I still have to use the lentils I bought... maybe this will work for us.
Mexi Lentil Rice
2¼ hours | 10 min prep
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 cup chopped onion, about 1 medium
- 32 ounces water or broth, of choice
- 1-2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2-8 ounces of shredded cheese
- shredded cheese
- spray inside of crock pot with non stick cooking spray.
- add all ingredients except "toppings" and mix well.
- cook on high for two to two and a half hours.
- serve topped with additional cheese, sour cream and salsa if desired.