Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Link Fest & TNT French Onion Soup

Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars from 100 cafe street - OMG!!!! These are going to my next potluck with me.

Easter Eggs without the box - OK too late I picked up a couple boxes at the Dollar Store, but I love the links to all the different styles.


Make it from scratch carnival is always a good source of ideas, recipes & crafts.


I made French Onion soup this week, of course I didn't use any recipe I have here...
This made 3 LARGE bowls, which was perfect for us because my kids wouldn't eat this! I'd double this at least if I needed more.


1 large onion sliced into crescents
4 Tbsp Butter
2 cans Beef Broth
1 pkg Onion Soup Mix (I didn't have any consume on hand)
2 cups water
2 tsp thyme

Caramelize the onions in the butter in a stock pot/large sauce pan, this took about 1/2 an hour. Add broth, water, soup, and thyme to the onions. This simmered for a while, probably a couple hours on low to soften the soup mix onions & cook the liquids down a little. Before I served I tasted & it was a little salty so I added in a little more water.

Scoop into oven proof soup bowls (or in my case my extra large coffee mugs), top with croutons or bread or toasted baguette slices & provolone cheese slices. Broil until the cheese is bubbly & just browning.

I used a dark multi grain baguette I grabbed off the day old rack at our Wal-Mart, it added a little different flavor to the soup. I really like this soup, but the cheese makes it! Lots & lots of cheese.

1 comments:

Lissaloo said...

yummy! My kids won't eat it either :( They don't know what they're missing :)