Monday, February 16, 2009

Woot!

At least for now, my email "food" file is under 300 messages, most of them have been archived for ages!

I have 2 batches of dough going right now. The first is white bread from Jersey Girl Cooks. Second, is a pizza crust from All Recipes I am using the overnight in the fridge method. I'll post the results tomorrow after they've been baked.

I also made stuffed shells for Valentine's Day dinner. I made enough to put a second dish in the freezer, all ready to go in the oven. I added some pre-made meatballs to the freezer meal. Hubby sliced some beef tenderloin & wrapped it with bacon & then made a sauce, I'll have to get the recipe out of him...

The stuffed shells were easy, I put spinach in them, cuz that's how I roll but you don't have too. This is sort of the recipe I followed, I'm going off the top of my head...

1 box jumbo shells, cooked
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I had an extra large jar for the 2 meals)
1 2 pound container of ricotta cheese
1 8 oz bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
3 eggs
about a cup of food processed spinach leaves
1 spinach leaf for each shell (optional)
1/2 c Parmesan cheese (I forgot to add it to the mix)

Mix the ricotta, eggs, shredded spinach & Parmesan cheese together.

Pre heat oven to 375 degrees. Spread enough spaghetti sauce on bottom of a large casserole dish to cover the bottom. Place a leaf in a shell & top with a large spoonful of the cheese mixture, then place cut side up in the casserole dish. Repeat until dish is full. Top with sauce & shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake 45 to 55 minutes.

0 comments: