Monday, November 3, 2008

Cranberry Sauce Bundt Cake - TNT




I made this cake for our church's Chicken -n- Biscuits dinner last week. Apparently it was a hit. I had someone tell me they were sneaking pieces out to cars & neighbors!

I made it the night before the dinner & drizzled the glaze while the cake was still a little warm, but not too warm. Then I put it in my cake carrier, good to go! I think having the glaze sit on the cake overnight gave it an exceptionally moist consistency.

I am adding it to my Thanksgiving menu.

3 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 can (16oz) Whole Cranberry Sauce
1/4 Cup Sugar
(I omitted this, it wasn't missed)
1/3 Cup Orange Juice (Original called for concentrate, I just used OJ out of the fridge)
1 White Cake mix with pudding in the mix (18.25 oz)
1 cup chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds (I also omitted, nut allergies & all)

Glaze:
1 Cup Confectioner's Sugar sifted
2 - 3 Tbs orange juice
1/2 tsp almond extract
(probably shouldn't have but it gave the glaze a nice texture)

Grease and flour a 12 cup Bundt cake pan (I used an angel food pan). Heat oven to 325 degrees for a dark pan, 350 degrees for a light pan.

Beat together the eggs, oil, cranberry sauce, sugar and orange juice. Slowly beat in the cake mix until blended. Continue beating on high for about 2 minutes. Fold in nuts and spoon into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes (I checked it at 45 & it was done)

Drizzle with orange glaze or dust with powdered sugar.

For glaze
Combine 1 cup confectioners sugar, with 2 Tbs orange juice (add more if necessary), and almond extract. Whisk to a thin icing consistency.

0 comments: