Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ore Ida Steam n' Mash Potatoes


I received a bunch of coupons for the new Ore-Ida Steam n' Mash potatoes. They also sent me a very cool masher, so I figured I'd better use the "free" coupon and give them a try. They were $3.44 at our local Wal*Mart. I picked the Three Cheese variety, how can you go wrong with 3 cheeses!!!

I made them tonight as a side to hot dogs (lazy I know but we were at a 2 hour parade this afternoon. They were easy, microwave for 11 minutes, let sit for 2, add milk butter & mash.

These were SO good! Better than dry flakes, but just as easy. I dare say that made them better than from scratch, but that's based on convenience!!! It was perfect for a quick side dish. I do dislike peeling potatoes, it's one of my least favorite things to do in the kitchen, I think I have a peeler phobia!

Now since I got these free the next question becomes, would I pay full retail for these? Doubtful. Would I buy them on sale with coupons? Sure!

1 comments:

Meghan said...

I participated in this & I have to disagree...my family & I thought they were gross.

Oh well.
As my Grandpop says "To each his own!"

LOL

Great blog, I am so bookmarking it!