Sunday, February 17, 2008

Copy cat pancakes

There is a link to a different recipe in this weeks Carnival of Recipes. Although it is hugely different than mine is there are a few measurements that are changed.

"I-HOP" Pancakes
1 1/4 cup flour
1 egg
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup sugar
1 heaping teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 cup vegetable oil
pinch of salt

1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Apply a little nonstick spray or margarine.
2. Mix together the ingredients, I usually wisk but a blender will yield a smoother result.
3. Pour batter onto the hot skillet, I usually use a 1/4 cup measuring cup for this.
4. When edges appear to harden, flip the pancakes. They should be golden brown.
5. Cook pancakes on the other side until golden.

I had to add chocolate ships to mine this morning. All I did was after pouring the batter onto the skillet I sprinkled on some chips. No biggie but the kids love it!

0 comments: