Wednesday, January 2, 2008

LED the way to go!

We will be adding landscape lighting low voltage lights to our front yard & maybe the back yard this year. I would prefer them to be LED. My Mom has a couple of the old solar powered stake lights & they just aren't bright enough for me. After buying & using a couple LED flashlights I think they would be a fantastic choice for our very large dark yard.

We have a security light on the garage but it hasn't worked right since we moved in so the back yard is very dark. LED lights are far better an option for outside, no moving parts, they are durable, remain cool, shock resistant (I can testify to that one after dropping one of our LED night lights about half a dozen times!), and they are highly energy efficient. So the electric bill won't go up!

We picked up a few window candles that are LED, they are bright & efficient. They are battery powered so we didn't have to worry about running extension cords all over the place. The best part is that they have a sensor that turns them on at dusk & off at dawn. That was a big selling point because I didn't want them on 24/7 and I also didn't want to run around the house turning them all on and off (we only have 5 right now but plan to add another 10 or so by next year).

I think I'll have to start shopping around for some good ljavascript:void(0)
Publish Postights, spring will be here before we know it, RIGHT???

0 comments: