Sunday, December 23, 2007

Pizzelles

I made these today, obviously a skill I will need practice with! I made them half anise & half chocolate. The chocolate did not turn out well at all, so I gave up on them. I'll be frying the batter on a pan & calling it pancakes!!! Guess if I'm gonna do them next year I should pick up a new modern iron! Mine was my Aunt's & I'm pretty sure its from the 50s...

PIZZELLES

6 eggs
3 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. butter, melted
4 tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. anise (opt.)

Mix everything but the flour together until creamy. Then add flour
gradually; mix well. This dough will be sticky. Drop teaspoon or so
on hot pizzelle iron.

CHOCOLATE PIZZELLES:

1/2 c. cocoa
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder

Plus above regular ingredients (do not use anise). Follow instructions above.

0 comments: