Monday, April 30, 2007

Texas Sheet Cake


This is it! After making it, I can say this is "my" recipe!!! I had made a different version I found online & it just wasn't the same (of course that was the one I had to serve to family & friends).

My recipe is MIA, I haven't gotten it back from my Mom yet, but I think this is close enough that I don't need too. It was just right.


TEXAS SHEET CAKE

2 sticks butter
1 c. water
4 tbsp. cocoa
2 c. flour
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c. sour cream
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt

In a saucepan bring to boil first 3 ingredients and remove from heat. Then add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a large, greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes. Frost with Texas Sheet Cake Frosting while still warm.

* Mine only took 20, but I have a baking stone in my oven I put all my pans on, so it helps with the even cooking*

FROSTING:

1 stick butter
6 tbsp. milk
4 tbsp. cocoa
1 lb. confectioners sugar (I think that it was about 3 cups, but I used my scale so I was exact, I buy this in bulk)
1 c. chopped nuts
1 tsp. vanilla

Bring to a boil first 3 ingredients; remove from heat and add last 3 ingredients. Spread on cake while still warm.

1 comments:

Mississippi Songbird said...

this sounds so good.I'm going to try it. Thanks for the recipe..
Nice Blog