Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sweet & Sour Meatballs

I made this last night instead of the "Crock pot" meal I had planned. I already had cooked rice leftover from the night before. I tossed everything in my dutch oven & cooked it until it thickened & the meatballs were heated through.

Sweet & Sour Meatballs

1 can crushed Pineapple in juice
1 can stewed tomatoes with onion & green pepper, crushed by hand
1 small can tomato sauce
1 Tbs cider vinegar
2 T Dried onion flakes
3-4 cups cooked rice
prepared frozen meatballs

Toss all ingredients into a dutch oven & bring to a simmer, approximately 20 minutes.

I served this with some Hawaiian Style bread. It would have been better if the meatballs I had in the freezer were more on the plain side, I think they were sausage flavored, which tasted funky with the sweet & sour.

0 comments: