Thursday, February 19, 2009

Honey and Oats Bread

From the ABM-recipes Yahoo Group I don't have my bread machine any more, but there's no reason I couldn't use my KA mixer!

Honey and Oats Bread
This recipe was sent to us by, James Patelli (jpatelli@digital. net).
James wrote: This is one of my favorite, with a great aroma, but more important a great taste.

1 cup milk
1 large egg
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons sweet butter
1 cup rolled oats
2-3/4 cups bread flour
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast or(1 package yeast)

Note: Put all the ingredients in the inner pan in the order listed, or in the reverse order if the manual for your machine specifies dry ingredients first and liquids last. Select Basic Wheat cycle, Light setting (or the equivalent setting for your machine). Push Start.

(Makes 1-1/2 lb. loaf)

0 comments: