Makes: 12 cupcakes Bake: 25 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
* 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup brewed coffee
* 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup prepared white frosting
* 24 chocolate-covered coffee beans
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 12 cups in standard-size muffin pan with
cupcake liners. In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, allspice,
cinnamon and salt.
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl about 2 minutes or until light
colored and smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
addition. On low speed, add flour mixture, alternating with brewed
coffee. Divide batter among prepared liners, 1/3 cup in each.
3. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until firm to the touch. Let
cupcakes cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan to rack
and cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine instant coffee, vanilla and 1
teaspoon warm water. Stir until coffee is dissolved. Stir in white
frosting until blended and no dark streaks remain. Spread 1 heaping
tablespoon over each cupcake. Decorate tops with coffee beans.
MY Source: Parents-Family Circle (recipe and comments)
Saturday, January 17, 2009