Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Financial Fitness





I took the quiz and it made me feel a little better about my situation! Only a little though. It could have been worse, I got a B (83%). No surprise I scored the lowest in the debt section, but the reality is that while my student loan debt seems MASSIVE to me it is a fraction of what my neighbors is. I was shocked to see that my next lowest score was in the Life Plan. Guess I need to implement a better life plan!

I scored the highest in budget, probably mostly because I have one! It's not a very strict budget but so far we've managed to eat and pay our bills. The car repairs budget has been overlooked for far too long though!

When I compared my results I am below average, big shock! I guess when I think of an IQ it is usually based on knowledge. It's not that I don't KNOW, it's that we don't DO! We have a plan, we know what we are supposed to be doing, implementing seems to be our struggle. I have started to build an Emergency fund, my goal is to get it to a weeks pay in a year. I know, it's not much, but with hubby going back to school in the fall, unless I get a full time job money will still be tight.

At least I won't be needing to declare Bankruptcy any time soon.

0 comments: