Friday, December 14, 2007

Boneless Prime Rib Roast

I just picked up our Christmas Roast a beautiful 10 pound boneless Prime Rib Roast. I am now scouring the internet for the best cooking method. Boy are there some varied opinions out there!

I know in years past we tried the Cook at 500 degrees for 15 minutes then cut back to 325 or 350. The roast was nice & juicy. But I have read more recipes just recommending the 350 to start with. Now that I will have a probe themometer I will be able to acheive the perfect internal temperature of 135 degrees. Then letting it rest for 15 minutes should get it to the medium rare we love!

I am going to buy some Au Jus so I don't have to make some while everyone is waiting to eat. I will save the drippings for the next time though!

I haven't decided on the best side dishes, but I know I am also doing a spiral ham. Aldi has a nice one & it's not that pricey. So sides need to go with both. I have plenty of canned sweet potatoes left & some beautiful large white potatoes. Of course my husbands sisters are going to want to bring dishes too.

I'm sure I'll make bread & some desserts, besides the cookies!

Guess I'd better get back to surfing!

0 comments: