Thursday, September 6, 2007

Zucchini Chili

I made this using some homegrown veggies (the zucchini & tomatoes), I used dried parsley, and next time I'd peel the zucchini, I also tossed in a can of drained corn & served it with rice. BTW the recipe is meatless but I had some leftover sloppy joe meat in the fridge so I tossed it in. I think if I hadn't had that the recipe as is might have needed a little sugar.

Zucchini Chili

Ingredients and Directions

6 tb Olive oil
1 1/2 c Zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 small)
1 c Onion, yellow -- coarsely chopped
2 Garlic cloves -- crushed
1 c Green pepper -- cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 c Tomatoes, canned --crushed
1 tb Chili powder
1 1/2 ts Cumin
1 1/2 ts Oregano -- dried
1/4 c Parsley, fresh -- minced
Salt and pepper to taste
2 c Beans, canned (Kidney and/or garbanzo) --drained

Heat olive in a large skillet. Add zucchini, onion, garlic and green
pepper. Saute 10 minutes until softened. Transfer to a saucepan and
add tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper.
Cook over low heat, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in beans and cook
10 minutes more on low heat. Adjust seasonings. Serve chili rolled up
in a warm flour tortilla or on a bed of brown rice.

Serves 4.

2 comments:

Thomas Andrew said...

This sounds petty good with the zucchini. It's funny, I took some chili out of the freezer last night that i made a couple weeks ago. I'm going to try this version next time though ! Thanks.

Sophie said...

i love zucchini, so i might just have to give this recipe a whirl! if i had kids, our profiles would sound a lot alike hehe :D. nice meetin ya'.

sophie