Friday, May 4, 2007

2 No-Meat Recipe links

I don't think the Mac & Cheese counts as "vegetarian" and we eat meat anyways. But I try to work in at least 1 non or low meat dish a week. Both for the budget & for our health. I found these great recipes at a couple blogs I read daily...


Curried Chick Peas from Stop the Ride sounds like a great recipe for the "what do I do with these things besides top a salad?" The last can I had went into my "3" bean salad, I used green beans, kidney beans & chick peas, rotini pasta (the kind with flax seed) & some Italian dressing. I liked it! I have a batch in the freezer to see how it holds up. I have been wanting to try hummus, but I need a few irregular ingredients for it.

Macaroni and Cheese from Little Wool Gatherings. I love adding things to my mac & cheese, peas, corn, ham, tuna, I think I have even tried broccoli before. Melissa's version sounds just perfect! I'd probably use the "flax seed" elbows too, just for that extra kick of healthy to combat the oodles of cheesy goodness!

0 comments: