Thursday, March 15, 2007

Corn Bread failure

I had aspired to have pictures of my first attempt at skillet corn bread. However the attempt was a complete failure. I used an online recipe & I refuse to post it here! It wasn't that it was bad, it just wasn't great! I think I need to play with the ingredient ratios a bit & try again. It wasn't as moist as I thought it should be. It was also on the grainy/savory side. I love sweet corn bread (I make the copy cat Chi-Chis sweet corn bread recipe lots). I think that it was a good recipe, but bland for it's lack of sweetness, maybe some savory spice or even jalapenos or green chiles would have been better. We ate it, drowning in margarine & it is nearly gone, so I guess it couldn't have been THAT bad!!!

I couldn't have taken a picture of it anyways, I forgot before I took it out of the pan & the center ended up sticking...it was a sad sight!!!

I am craving corn, maybe I'll whip up some scalloped corn for tonights side dish...yum!

0 comments: