Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Hamburger Pie

Made this last night with some minor changes, I have made the recipe as is with great results as well. Last night I forgot the ketchup, so oops, didn't have cream of celery soup (so I used cream corn & frozen peas) I also didn't use biscuits beacuse I had bought rolls from the day old rack at the grocery store...so I guess I shoud create that recipe, cuz it's nothing like this one at all!!!

Hamburger Pie
Ingredients:
2 pounds lean ground chuck
1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
1 package cream cheese, softened
2 (15 ounce) cans mixed vegetables
1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of celery soup
1/2 cup ketchup
1 c shredded cheddar
1 (8 count) can refrigerated biscuit dough

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Crumble ground chuck into a large skillet and saute over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add onion, and saute until meat is no longer pink and onion is beginning to brown. Drain grease. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, cream of celery soup, vegetables, ketchup, and 3/4 c of cheddar. Add hamburger and stir until ingredients are thoroughly combined. Spread mixture evenly into a large casserole dish. Place biscuit dough on top, allowing room for biscuits to spread without touching. Sprinkle with rest of cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until biscuits are browned and fluffy. Makes 8 servings

0 comments: