Sunday, January 21, 2007

Buttery Rolls - Bread Machine

I am in the mood to use the bread machine, too bad it's broken. It only took me 3 years to wear it out, it was a Chritsmas gift, so not the top of the line.

I love this recipe for rolls. I have made it several times. I may give the machine a try & see if it will work with this dough (it really doesn't like the potato bread mix I usually make: found at The Frugal Momma)

Buttery Rolls
Recipe Source: Quick Cooing, Debbie Leonard, OR
Yield: 24 rolls
1 C warm water (80 degrees)
1/2 C butter (Margarine) softened
1/4 C sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 Tsp salt
4 C bread flour
2 1/4 Tsp Active Dry Yeast

Place ingredients in bread machine pan in order given by manufacturer. Select dough setting.Check dough 5 minutes after mixing; add 1-2 Tbs water or flour if needed. When cycle is completed, turn dough out on lightly floured surface. Divide into 24 portions; shape into balls. Place on a greased 13x9x2 baking pan. Cover & let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes. Bake at 375 for 13-16 minutes or until golden.

*It is not recommended to use the delay feature with this recipe, because of the eggs.

1 comments:

Amy said...

I can't believe we posted the same recipe. This is my first time on your cookbook! How fun! I am going to have to try some of your recipes. Thanks so much for swinging by my corner of the blog world :)