Thursday, December 13, 2007

Perfect Pizza Crust

Whipped this recipe up last night!

3 cups bread flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 T instant yeast
1 T sugar
1 T vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups warm water

Tossed it all in the stand mixer let it knead for 5 minutes. Sprayed the dough with cooking spray & let it rise for 45 minutes. Punched it down and rolled it out onto our 16" pizza pan. It would be enough for 2 smaller sized pizzas but we like our crust thick.

I let the dough rest on the pan while I got the toppings ready. First I sprinkle the crust with a little sugar, then spread some tomato sauce over it. Then the Mozzarella, pepperoni & sliced mushrooms. I baked it at 425 for just about 20 minutes (only because the crust was so think!), I kept an eye on it checking it after the 15 minute point.

The dough made a really nice crust. I usually prefer Olive Oil in my crusts but we are out, so I used veg oil & I wasn't disappointed!

0 comments: